Your roundup of all the hottest hot-stove items of the day (and whatever shit Ken Rosenthal is throwing against the wall). This is ... HOT FUCKING STOVE!!!
• Prince Fielder is going to have a hard time getting the Teixeira-worthy contract he's looking for. The Rangers, one of the two teams that seemed likely to sign him, just spent $111.7 million on Yu Darvish. Texas's front office is now saying that they'd need a "creative" deal to bring Fielder to Arlington. Fielder's other probably suitor, the Nationals, now have the option of waiting until around spring training to make a move. By then, Fielder will presumably get desperate and accept a lesser deal. Poor guy. [ESPN Insider]
• The Orioles signed a 17-year-old
prospect fast pitch softball player out of New Zealand.
• Joel Zumaya decided it was probably time to adjust his pitching style.
• Yoennis Cespedes hit his first Dominican League home run, and it's a thing of beauty.
• Ken Rosenthal is still on sabbatical from shit-throwing.