The year is almost over. All the magazines are doing year-in-review type stuff, so we figured, why should we be any different? Therefore, for the next 12 days, we will be looking back on each month on the calendar, pointing out the weird/important/amusing stuffs that happened that month. If you have suggestions as for stories you want to make sure we don't miss, let us know at email@example.com.
• September 5: Jerry Rice retires from the NFL. His first post-football career move, appearing on "Dancing With The Stars 2," shows his commitment to charity and altruism.
• September 8: Deadspin springs forth from the aching womb of Gawker Media. Strangely, the baby looks mysteriously like Shawn Kemp.
• September 19: The NFL holds a much-publicized Katrina Relief Telethon during a Monday Night Football game, but giving money was a lot more difficult than one would hope.
• September 21: Rob Dibble tells FHM magazine about an orgy at Charlie Sheen's place. Sometimes we only wish we were kidding.
• September 22: The NBA unleashes NOOCH! upon the world.
• September 29: Woody Paige eats dog food on live television. We're fairly certain Mark Shapiro gave him a raise for it.