We've given the Los Angeles Times' Bill Plaschke his fair share of grief, but we must give credit where it is due: His column yesterday on bizarro Clippers center Chris Kaman is pretty outstanding stuff. We might even go so far as to call ourselves tickled.
What do we learn about the Hogan-esque Kaman, courtesy Mr. Plaschke?
• His posse consists of three guys from Grand Rapids, Mich., who don't drink and, mostly, just cook.
• He hasn't cut his hair in two years, which we suppose we all knew already.
• His favorite television show is ESPN2's "Get Wild with Cindy Garrison." (Not to be confused with "Get Wild With Mario Lopez.")
• He recently stopped taking his medication for attention deficit disorder.
• His home has a piano in it that no one knows how to play, but no one ever bothered to move.
• Sam Cassell says Kaman is "like a far-away island, farther than Hawaii, way, way out there." Sam Cassell!
Honestly, we think Plaschke deserves a Pulitzer, right now. And you know Kaman's even stranger than that, deep down. It wouldn't be a surprise to hear he's, like, a armpit fetishist or something.