The year is almost over. All the magazines are doing year-in-review type stuff, so we figured, why should we be any different? Therefore, for the next 12 days, we will be looking back on each month on the calendar, pointing out the weird/important/amusing stuffs that happened that month. Deadspin wasn't around until September, though, so if you have suggestions as for stories you want to make sure we don't miss, let us know at email@example.com.
• June 1: 49ers public relations rep Kirk Reynolds is fired after making a in-house video that featured (not cheerleading) lesbians making out and a bucktoothed Asian man trying to pronounce "Rattay?"
• June 3: The Terrell Owens saga officially begins, with T.O. telling reporters at a charity event that he "could leave this game right now." Donovan McNabb is black, by the way.
• June 11: Mike Tyson loses to some guy named Kevin McBride. He is, of course, never heard from again.
• June 27: John Rocker is released by the Long Island Ducks, kick-starting his film career.
• June 28: Patriots owner Robert Kraft accidentally gives his Super Bowl ring to Russian president Vladimir Putin. The retrieval of the ring becomes the plot of Ocean's Thirteen.
• June 29: Rangers pitcher Kenny Rogers attacks a cameraman. He was widely blasted for the incident, but later received sympathy for explaining that he is secretly a voodoo priest and was just trying to keep his soul in his body.