We are very proud to report that, ultimately, we did not jinx the Detroit Tigers, and here they are, four wins away from their first World Series in 22 years. (By the way, if you're keeping score, of the four teams left in the playoffs, the team that has gone the longest without a World Championship is ... the Cardinals. So you know.)
This series is as evenly matched as we could imagine. And we can't wait. Even if it's opening in a stadium with no upper deck.
Here's a roundup of predictions from around the Web.
• Peter Gammons: A's in seven.
• Rob Neyer: Tigers in seven.
• Cool Standings: Tigers in six.
• John Donovan: A's in six.
• The Hardball Times: A's in six.
• Baseball Prospectus: Tigers in six.
• Baseball Musings: Tigers.
• DEADSPIN: Tigers in seven. Sorry.
Let's hear your own personal jinxes in the comments.