Thought we were done previewing things? How could you think that, with your NCAA Basketball Tournament office pool a mere four months away? You've got to start studying now if you want to tame the royal trouser predator. So who's with me? Let's Gooo! Send tips on your favorite team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Youth Serves. Auburn junior guard Frank Toblert was called up to the varsity as an 8th-grader at Red Level High in River Falls, Ala., and was a starter by the 9th grade. As a sophomore he broke a backboard by catching a rebound off the glass and dunking it.
2. Jesus Rocks. Meet Mississippi senior guard Tom Abernethy. In addition to having the most interesting hairstyle in the conference, he is the son of Tom Abernethy, who played on the 1976 Indiana team that went 32-0 and won the NCAA title, remaining as the last team to go undefeated in a season. The younger Abernethy "plays guitar and leads devotionals with FCA."
3. Baby Come Back. Big Baby is back! LSU Junior forward Glen Davis, in addition to being the SEC Player of the Year in 2006, is also regarded as a very talented stand up comedian and karaoke singer, at least according to his audiences at the LSU Union's Late Nite program.
4. The Brethren. Mississippi State graduates? Buck Showalter, Jonathan Papelbon, Will Clark, Erick Dampier and author John Grisham.
5. Oral History. Alabama head coach Mark Gottfried played basketball at Oral Roberts his freshman season before transferring to Alabama.