Barbaro is still dead, of course, but even so he needs your help more than ever. The Lexington Herald-Leader is asking readers to vote on whether Barbaro will go to Heaven. We have no idea why the Herald-Leader gets to decide ... sometimes religion confuses us.
So far the results are encouraging, but it's close; and the northern precincts have not yet checked in, where voters are decidedly anti-horse. So if you want to make sure that Barbaro goes first class instead of coach for all of eternity, get in on this now. By the look of the poll's message board, it's anyone's horse race at this point.
• In the book of Joshua, I think, it mentions that the lion will lay down with the lamb in heaven. I take that to mean that there is an afterlife for animals. God bless Barbaro, what an amazing race horse! — hphaynesjr
• Sorry, when the lion lays down with the lamb it is not talking about heaven; it's talking about the 1000 year millenium period on earth, directly after the tribulation period where there will be peace on earth for 1000 years as Christ sets up His kingdom. — Walkersugar
• "The lion shall lay down with the lamb, but the lamb won't get much sleep." - Woody Allen.
• Thanks for this post. If any horse goes to heaven, I'd say it would have to be Barbaro. And he'll go straight to heaven. No purgatory for him. — FairnessFCPS
• This is so ridiculous. You have to have a soul to go to heaven. And in the bible it says you must confess with your mouth that Jesus is who He says He is. And also you have to repent of your sins. How many horses (besides Mr. Ed) talk? So I think this is a no-brainer... Whats sad though is people really believe that animals go to heaven. — SMH
• Christpher Reeves is riding Barbaro in hell. — Woo74
Poll: Will Barbaro Go To Heaven? [Lexington Herald-Leader]