If there's one thing you learn as a kid, it's that you never apologize for your Halloween costume. Hey, it's Halloween ... shit happens. Just ignore the critics and move on. But now Detroit quarterback Jon Kitna says he is very sorry for dressing as naked assistant Lions coach Joe Cullen, and would like us all to forgive him. Really, the guy was almost in tears. So unbecoming.
Now Kitna is getting some flak on local TV and in a newspaper column. Kitna said he was just trying to have fun, but regrets the scrutiny the costumes created. "If I would've known this, I wouldn't have done it because I didn't want to try to bring attention to it," Kitna said Wednesday while surrounded by reporters and television cameras.
Elsewhere in shameful remorse:
• Sorry for not being the least bit sorry. — Bill Belichick
• Sorry for the racial slurs. — Dog the Bounty Hunter
• Sorry that lowering my voice and cutting the ponytail didn't work. — Only female baseball umpire
• Sorry I'm such a twit. — Scott Boras
• Sorry for the pumpkin tax. — Ohio