ESPN scoured its message boards this morning to find its cleverest, boldest, most enlightening comment, and chose this one above all others ...
• "Memphis can run 10 no problem. Our second five would win some conferences." — daparish81
(Re: Memphis men's basketball)
Previous ESPN Featured Comment of the Day, plus a Featured Deadspin Response or two ...
• "I think that it has the potential to go to a five-set match — I doubt it will though." — hipcatdaddio
(Re: Blake vs. Federer)
• I think that it has the potential to go one more notch — I doubt it will though. —ManginosBelt — 7-8 Deville
• I think I have the chance to meet that cute girl in the corner of the jazz club— I doubt I will, though, while wearing this retro pork pie hat." —hipcatdaddio — Carlton Whitfield
• These amps have the potential to go to 11—I doubt they ever will though.—Nigel Tufnel — Ukrainenotweak
• I think ESPN's Comment of the Day has the potential to not suck. I doubt it won't, though.
— hipwaderdaddio — Eric J2: Electric Jewgaloo