Although the Raiders have given no official indication on who they're leaning toward as head coach, it's probably going to be Tom Cable, and it could be very soon. [San Francisco Chronicle]
• Not A Popular Item. Ha. This T-shirt was relevant for about three days, until the Eagles lost to Harvard. You can find it now at any Boston area gift shop. [Boston College Athletics Official Online Store]
• And I Think It's Gonna Be A Long Long Time. Another one of those bets ... since Florida beat Oklahoma, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) must sing Elton John's Rocket Man for Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) at Nelson's next constituent breakfast. Be sure to cover your ears when he gets to: On such a tiiii-ii-iimeless flight ... [The Hill's Blog]
• Happy Days Are Here Again. The word has just come down from top military brass: For the first time ever, U.S. troops in Iraq will be allowed to have a beer during the Super Bowl. But just one, soldier. [The Washington Post]
• Plenty Still In Stock. Here's your chance to purchase a commemorative 2008 Oklahoma University national championship football! [YouTube]
• We're Serious! The Trail Blazers will sue your ass if you even THINK of signing Darius Miles. [Yahoo Sports]
Image by Pacman Jonesin'