Your Deadcast guest this week is Leitch. It's a nice departure from all those weeks of talking to, you know, interesting people. HEY-O!!!!
I keed our former Overlord, of course. The fact of the matter is that you will probably find this the most entertaining of all Deadcasts, because talking to Leitch means we get to do plenty of what we do best: yammer on and on about pointless bullshit, stutter, and yell at each other about who cut off who. On the docket in today's episode:
• We discuss dipping tobacco for the first time at summer camp, and I offer my theory that the worldwide dipping community thinks dip in pouches is gay
• We talk about my talent for projectile vomiting. Leitch, it turns out, has only barfed twice IN HIS ENTIRE ADULTHOOD. No doubt both times were the result of a bad black and white cookie
• We talk about why it's always best to be the second most drunk person at a party, and not the most drunk
• We talk about the stunning lack of Elton John at the Jackson funeral, and the overall oddness of holding a funeral live on television.
• We talk about the insane length of the "Deer Hunter" wedding sequence
• We have a very annoying five minute discussion of whether or not Madonna's song catalog holds up as well as Jackson's does (The correct answer is that no one gives a shit)
• We talk about Simmons and whether or not we intend on reading his book, why he brings out the worst in Chuck Klosterman, and his penchant for always thinking he's the smartest asshole in sports
• We talk about Slate's new podcast. (Sample topic: "Michael Jackson: All That Well Known?")
• We talk about the McNair shooting and TheBigLead's insanely douchey coverage of it (He's got this case cracked, people! It was the chauffeur!)
Finally, we talk about the commenter upheaval and the seeming indestructibility of fucking SuperMike. Fun for all.
This week's Deadcast is available for your listening pleasure right here. You can also find the new Deadcast in the iTunes Music Store here. Got a question/comment you need read over the air next week? Send it to me here. Special thanks to Liberated Syndication for hosting us. Now sit back, relax, and make fun of my fleecy vest.