Maybe Dash gave you the impression that all Packer fans are being their typical polite Midwestern selves with this whole Favre business. He failed to go where even the most reserved Wisconsinite transforms into a slobbering, bloodthirsty, illiterate neanderthal: Craigslist.
Surely earning hazard pay, I scoured the Rants and Raves sections of Cheese Country. As usual, some language is decidedly NSFW, and, as always, everything is highly [sic]ed.
•"WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOU BRENT!!!(douche bag)"
• "This year I'll be cheering when he throws a pick instead of swearing so much it would make Oliver Stone blush. This year I'll be jumping for joy when he gets sacked instead of gasping. Unfortunately, I will likely be cursing Favre for winning games for his team this year instead of cursing him for losing games for mine. I hope I'm wrong, although I follow enough football to doubt that I am.
• "Hearing that his jersey is still being made in green and gold makes me sick.. Now instead of going through narcotic with drawls he is going through media with drawls, not having his "name" praised every damn day in the football world! Just proves he'll do anything to hear his name!! I hope they BOO his ass out so fucking loud the day he steps on the Packer's field!!!!!, I know I will be one of them BOOOOing!!"
• "I am a Viking now because I am a Brett Favre fan. Aaron Rodger doesn't play to play. He plays for the fame, money and chick. He is one ugly sack of shit. Brett Favre will always be number 1. I hope Green Bay gets creamed and then Ted Thompson and the rest of those dumb@$$e$ will realized what they have lost."
• "I want to say that I am sorry to the Vikings and their fans. It is not their fault that some idoit thought that Brett still had anything left in him. You know what they say there is always next year. The Jets are so greatful that they may have a chance at the Superbowl now that their has been quarterback is gone. Now all the Vikings need is Michael Vick and T.O. and they would have a first class has been low life team that goes no where but to jail or home to cry!!!!!"
• "brent favre hes over the hill and a waste of space vikings are pathetic if they sign him up, his time has come and gone"
• "Hey asshole.....you wanna boo someone.....BOO TED THOMPSON...HE IS THE FUCKHEAD WHO SAID NO TO BRETT ! GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE JUST NOT WITH ONE OF OUR RIVALS.....I WOULD BE PISSED TO ! He named that useless piece of shit Rodger's before training camp last year. TELL ME....HOW THE FUCK YOU NAME A STARTING QB BEFORE TRAINING CAMP ...HOW ?????? SOME OF YOU PACKER FANS HAVE NO CLUE OR A ACCEPTABLE IQ TO EVEN BE A FAN OR MUCH LESS POST ON CRAIGSLIST ! I HOPE THE FUCK THEY BLOW THE PACKERS OUT BOTH GAMES.....THEN GUESS WHAT.....CAN YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT I'M THINKING ? MAYBE THEN THEY WILL FIRE THE WHOLE BUNCH OF THOSE IDIOTS IN THE OFFICE ! START WITH TED THEN MARK....AND GET RID OF MIKE AS WELL. 6-10....AND WE MIGHT GO 8-8 THIS YEAR...NO GOOD UNACCEPTABLE ! UNDERSTAND !"
• "Well I was going to be generous and predict a record of 8-8 for the Packers this year. Now, however, Brett Favre is back so that's two guaranteed losses to the Vikings. I'll say they'll get lucky somewhere else and end up with a 7-9 record. Before any of die-hard douche bags start bitching and predicting a Super Bowl run please realize that both these records are an improvement on last year."
• "You never shit in the back yard you grew up in and never shit on your neighbors who have been good to you."
And, from Chad Ochocinco:
"Retiring and coming back is my new celebration, the only thing I can do and not get fined for!!!! After every touchdown I'm calling it quits."