Because no one reads the newspaper, and SportsCenter's anchors are too perky for this early in the morning, Deadspin combs the best of the broadsheets and internets to bring you everything you need to know to start your day.
* "Eh, whatta ya gonna do? We're the freakin' Grizzlies over here." [Via the usual suspect]
* The Portland Trail Blazers fired their general manager an hour before the draft began. Because that seems like the best time to make wholesale personnel changes in the front office. That's the sign of an organization with a plan. [The Oregonian]
* Win a chance to watch UFC 116, octagon-side, with the ultimate bloodsport enthusiast—Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. He'll kick your ass and then sell you universal health insurance to cover the bill! [Watch Kalib Run]
* The N.C. State "Wolpfack": still going strong.... [State Fans Nation]
* Rob Dibble: still going strong ... (annoying people, that is.) [Midwest Sports Fans]
* What does Reggie Bush's family think of all these USC sanctions? Not much, actually. They're quite comfortable, thank you for asking. [San Diego Union Tribune]
* * * * * *
Friday. We made it. Next week ... the last week. Hold your applause until the end.