Because no one reads the newspaper, and SportsCenter's anchors are too perky for this early in the morning, Deadspin combs the best of the broadsheets and internets to bring you everything you need to know to start your day.
• After Auburn's thrashing of South Carolina yesterday, CBS sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson sampled what QB Cam Newton calls "Cammy Cam Juice." Kind of a quid pro quo for his first interview. Let Tracy take it from here ...
"Cam Newton having a little fun down here. He made a little mixture of his Gatorade. He said it's the ingredients of champions. He would not tell me what's in it, but he's calling it Cammy Cam Juice. I'm gonna take a little taste. ... Not bad. A little sweet for my taste."
Here's a gif. And here's video...
• There's some weird shit running through the Orlando Magic's innards, so Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick, Dwight Howard and Mickael Pietrus were banished from the locker room for healing purposes. "The guys who went home are all saying they're feeling a little bit better," coach Stan Van Gundy said. [Orlando Sentinel]
• Tiger's up four strokes with 18 holes remaining in Thousand Oaks, Ca. He tees off at 10:55 a.m., West Coast time. [PGATour]
• Nebraska coughed up a 17-0 and lost the Big 12 Championship to Oklahoma 23-20. [NewsOK]
• The Boston Red Sox are probably about to trade for Padres first-baseman Adrian Gonzalez. Boston is rather excited about this. [Boston Globe]
• Laveranues Coles is expected to sign with the Jets today. It will be the fourth time he's done so. [New York Post]
• The New Orleans Hornets ownership saga continues. Now, the NBA could be appointing somebody from the Minnesota Wild to keep an administrative eye on the team while the league moves to buy it. The Minnesota Wild is a hockey team. [CNNSI]
• More than the United States, England's still reeling from the whole didn't-get-the-World-Cup thing. In fact, Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp suggested that topless Page Three gal turned rags-to-riches role model Jordan could have accomplished what Prince William and David Beckham couldn't.
Concur. [Daily Mail]
• One near championship was all it took for the Texas Rangers to follow in Jerry Jones' AV Club footsteps. Earlier this week, the team "announced a series of significant improvements in the video, technology, and audio systems at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington for the 2011 season."
"Our fans will be treated to a new entertainment experience with these video, technology, and audio upgrades," said Rangers Managing Partner & CEO Chuck Greenberg. "We are pleased to be working with Daktronics and Sony in bringing the newest integrated display system technology and the highest quality video to Rangers Ballpark in Arlington." [Dallas Observer]
• And, finally, from the "Hickey's Biased" coverage files … Blue Hens win 42-20 [News Journal]. Flyers win 5-3 [Philly.com]. Tarheels win 75-73 [News & Observer]. Sixers win 109-91 [NBA]. And The Answer checked in from Eurasia last night...
Happy Sunday. Have a fun flight, everyone.