Because no one reads the newspaper, and SportsCenter's anchors are too perky for this early in the morning, Deadspin combs the best of the broadsheets and internets to bring you everything you need to know to start your day.
• Cliff Lee refused to be wooed by more lucrative offers from the Yankees and the Rangers, and will once again play in Philadelphia for the next five or six years. For some people, this was especially exciting!
• Sal Alosi, the Jets strength and conditioning coach accused of intentionally tripping Miami's Nolan Carroll during Sunday's game, has been fined $25,000 and will be suspended for the season. Since the incident, there has been a bit of talk about human walls, but Alosi denies that he was ever a part of a human wall, which I think is a good PR move for many reasons.
• Clippers owner Donald J. Sterling has been overheard taunting his own players this season. He enjoys telling Baron Davis "You're out of shape!" The 5-20 Clippers are wisely not saying much about this to the press.
• The Miami Heat have won nine straight games. Last night, James, Bosh, and Wade combined for 75 of their team's 96 points. I would say, "this cannot keep happening," but the fact is, this will probably keep happening.
• The undefeated San Diego State Aztecs are now ranked No. 10 in the coaches' poll.
• Also, this picture happened.
[H/T Zachary for the screen grab]
Good morning! Hope you changed your password from "password" to "Password2" by now.