Your roundup of all the hottest hot-stove items of the day (and whatever shit Ken Rosenthal is throwing against the wall). This is ... HOT FUCKING STOVE!!!!
• The Blue Jays re-acquired relief pitcher Trystan Magnuson from the Oakland Athletics for cash. A year ago, Magnuson was dealt from Toronto to Oakland as part of the Rajai Davis deal. But now The Jays got Magnuson and still get to keep Davis. That's just shrewd. [MLB Trade Rumors]
• Now that the MLB season has come to a close, so has the agreement on baseball's luxury tax. Meaning, for now, baseball has no luxury tax. The owners and players' union have to negotiate a new deal, but most expect the tax to be reinstated before the start of next season. Bud Selig likely still won't understand it when they do. [ESPN]
• The contracts of Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers have been extended for three more years, with club options in '15 and '16 that could keep them in the desert for a while. [Arizona Republic]
• Ken Rosenthal throws some shit at the wall.
• Ken Rosenthal throws some more shit at the wall.