Your roundup of all the hottest hot-stove items of the day (and whatever shit Ken Rosenthal is throwing against the wall). This is ... HOT FUCKING STOVE!!!
• Today is no ordinary day on the stove, my friends. Exactly 125 years ago today, the St. Louis Browns shrewdly dealt Hugh Nicol to the Cincinnati Red Stockings in exchange for backstop "Honest" Jack Boyle and $350. The move was the first recorded trade in Major League history, and thus was born the hot fucking stove.
• L.A. is also firmly in the lead in the Matt Treanor Sweepstakes.
• Ken Rosenthal throws some shit against the wall
• No sportswriter was dick enough to give his AL Cy Young vote to someone other than Justin Verlander.
• Scott Boras is spending the winter meetings trying to convince himself that Prince Fielder deserves more money than Albert Pujols. We're all looking forward to the binder.