Your roundup of all the hottest hot-stove items of the day (and whatever shit Ken Rosenthal is throwing against the wall). This is ... HOT FUCKING STOVE!!!
• A source tells ESPN the Cubs have shown interest in Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder, but it's not clear if they're serious about making a splash or just trying to drive up the price for their rivals. Agent Scott Boras has also made a special binder in which Fielder is referred to as "Historically Great Through Age 27."
• Jonathan Broxton will be taking his talents to Kansas City this spring. The Royals' recruiting pitch apparently included a hunting trip with Jeff Francoeur and manager Ned Yost. So now relievers coming off elbow surgery get their own recruiting pitches. Where does it end?
• Willy Mo Pena is in line to make a whole bunch of yen over the next couple of years.
• The Astros are the latest to be mentioned as a possible new destination for Rays GM Andrew Friedman. Friedman is a native of Houston, and new owner Jim Crane should have some money to throw around.
• I don't care what Jon Heyman says, there is no fucking way Prince Fielder ends up in Seattle.
• Happy 84th birthday to Vin Scully, who is in his seventh decade as the Dodgers' play-by-play man.