Photo: LM Otero (AP)

A McLennan County grand jury decided on Wednesday not to indict Baylor football players John Arthur and Tre’von Lewis, two redshirt freshmen who were under investigation for possible sexual assault.

The investigation stemmed from an incident on the night of Nov. 11, 2017, which was listed in Baylor’s online crime log as “Alcohol-Minors Consuming/Sexual Assault,” and it reportedly involved two women who were members of the school’s equestrian team. A statement from McLennan District Attorney Abel Reyna said that the grand jury had determined there was not enough evidence to pursue charges against Arthur and Lewis. According to the statement, the evidence reviewed included Baylor’s Title IX Investigations, police reports, witness statements, and victim interviews.

Baylor coach Matt Rhule said in March that Arthur and Lewis had been suspended, alongside two other players. The university said at the time that just three of those four players were facing discipline for their connection to the investigation, but wouldn’t specify which ones. Reyna’s statement today clarified that the two players previously facing charges were Arthur and Lewis.

According to a Baylor spokesperson, their status with the team has not yet changed.