Pablo Sandoval's Short, Sad Season Is Reportedly Over
Photo via [object Object] The Red Sox announced earlier today that Pablo Sandoval would undergo shoulder surgery, which I suppose settles whether he had a real injury or was faking it. According to a report from ESPN, Sandoval’s surgery will take him out for the rest of the season. From the report:
Red Sox officials deferred additional comment until after Andrews performs the procedure and declined to offer an updated diagnosis of an injury that had previously been classified as a “strain” or a timetable for Sandoval’s recovery. A source told ESPN’s Marly Rivera that Sandoval is expected to miss the rest of this season.
“We will have a more definitive explanation after the surgery,” Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said via text message when asked about the diagnosis.
Sandoval’s last few months have been incredibly tumultuous, with questions over his eating habits, a strange injury diagnosis, and finally, the loss of his starting job. He’s managed six at-bats, four strikeouts, one walk, and 8.5 Deadspin stories since the end of last season. Here’s to hoping he comes back healthy and motivated next year, so he can swing at outrageous pitches some more.
Related
Are the Pittsburgh Pirates Finally Ready to Contend in 2026?
Two Massive Questions That Will Define the NBA’s Second Half
- NBA All-Star Game Betting Preview: Best Picks for World vs. USA and MVP Odds
- NBA All-Star Saturday Picks: Best Bets for the 3-Point Contest and Shooting Stars
- NBA Three-Point Contest 2026 Best Picks and Prediction Markets for All-Star Saturday
- NBA Picks Tonight: Three Best Bets Before the All-Star Break
- Best NBA Betting Picks for Wednesday Feb. 11th Slate
- Early Super Bowl LXI Odds Favor Seahawks, Sleeper Betting Picks & More
- Sunday Feb 8th NBA Picks: Three Best Bets Today

