So, the next nine days will be chock full of end-of-year retrospectives. We'll do our own as well. Today: Restroom hijinks.
The restroom, once a sanctuary for quiet contemplation and graffiti scribblings, for some reason in 2008 became a meeting place for the horny, the inebriated and the privileged. Here's a rundown on just what went wrong:
• Man and woman arrested for having sex in restroom at Buffalo Bills game.
• Tony Kornheiser tries to get in on the act, to everyone's disgust.
• University of Florida student is knocked flat by door of bathroom stall. Earns nickname Leah Falls Down. Poses triumphantly on Facebook.
• More stadium restroom sex; this time in the Metrodome during the Iowa-Minnesota college football game. Woman later claims she can't remember any of it.
• Rick Reilly only uses the celebrity washroom these days.
• Sen. Larry Craig's restroom indiscretions immortalized in a timeless bobble-foot collectible, courtesy of the Saint Paul Saints
• Sadly, one man did not even make it to the restroom at all.