The Chargers Sent A Concussed Player Back Into The Game, And Then He Had A Seizure
Wonder why the Chargers' left guard Kris Dielman is listed as "out" for tonight's game? It's not necessarily because the Chargers need a refresher in concussion protocol and played him for nearly a full quarter after obviously getting trauma-ed. Though that probably didn't help.
Dielman took a helmet-to-helmet while setting a block during last week's game against the Jets, and got up shaky. The Union-Tribune says he was "visibly staggered," and the AP said he "struggled to maintain balance." What was clear to everyone watching was that Dielman needed some time in the quiet room. Instead he wasn't checked out until after the team's cross-country flight landed back in California; a flight on which Dielman suffered a "violent" grand mal seizure.
The NFL makes a lot of noise about concussion safety, but it seems that falls by the wayside when it's a Pro Bowl player in the fourth quarter of a close game. The league is looking into the Chargers' actions, and while they're at it, maybe they can check on Dr. David Chao.
Why the AFC North Makes Sense for Tyreek Hill’s Next Team
The Minnesota Twins Should've Traded Pablo Lopez Last Year
Why the NBA’s Tanking Problem Isn’t What You Think
Three Quarterbacks With the Most to Prove at the NFL Combine
Are the Pittsburgh Pirates Finally Ready to Contend in 2026?
- Best 2026 American League Central Season-Long Future Betting Predictions
- Tuesday Feb. 17th College Basketball Betting Picks and Predictions
- Best 2026 American League East Season-Long Future Betting Predictions
- Best College Basketball Bets for Monday: Duke vs Syracuse, Houston vs Iowa State
- NBA All-Star Game Betting Preview: Best Picks for World vs. USA and MVP Odds
- NBA All-Star Saturday Picks: Best Bets for the 3-Point Contest and Shooting Stars
- NBA Three-Point Contest 2026 Best Picks and Prediction Markets for All-Star Saturday

