We got an email this afternoon from a man who says he was at the same Dallas bar as Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton on the night Hamilton had a relapse and (allegedly) bathroom sex. Here's our source's version of events:
I am one of those you mentioned in your story.....here you go:
The activity started around 10:30pm during rock-star karaoke. Sequence of events:
1) Mr. Hamilton is standing in the stairwell that connects the front section to back section of Sherlock's.
2) Mr. Hamilton has a drink in hand and begins jamming in the stairwell to the karaoke music.
3) Mr. Hamilton is then approached by a very average looking woman.
4) They start slapping each others butts and making our near the stairwell area. At this point the Sherlock's manager is trying to block people from using their camera phones.
5) Mr. Hamilton and the woman make their way into the rear restroom area across from the pool table area near the patio.
6) Loud sexually oriented noise is emanating from within the men's restroom. Sherlock's manager is blocking the entrance to the restroom.
7) After about 5 minutes the woman exits the men's restroom. She seems to have a big smile on her face and her jaw is kind of dropped open. She returns to her table in the dining area.
8) Mr. Hamilton then exits the men's restroom and the Sherlock's manager apparently encourages him to leave.
9) Mr. Hamilton exits Sherlock's using the rear exit through the patio area, jumps over the small fence and gets in a pretty beat up 4 door Ford sedan and drives off.
The account of the witness is similar to a blog post that featured accounts from eight patrons who were at Sherlock's on the night in question, Jan. 30. The only major difference was the description of the vehicle, which the blog post describes as "an SUV." An employee at a Dallas television station who interviewed several eyewitnesses—including one who tried to sell the station a seven-second video of what he claimed to be Hamilton having sex in the bathroom—tells us that the above email is consistent with what he had heard from patrons.