It's good to be a wildly successful head coach of athletes who don't get paid. Nick Saban will make $5.6 million in base salary this year, so it's time to trade up from his North Georgia vacation home. Because sometimes, an $11 million house with a freaking lighthouse isn't swank enough.
Via the Atlanta Business Chronicle, "The Pointe on Lake Burton" is up for auction next month, originally listed at $10.95 million, but selling without reserve. It's a lovely little waterfront property in Clayton, Ga., nestled on a peninsula jutting out into Lake Burton, "the queen of the southern lakes," as the listing puts it.
Here's what you get with the place, via Concierge Auctions:
- 9,609 square feet of living on 1.7 acres
- 6 bedrooms
- 6 full and 3 half bathrooms
- 4-car garage
- 700 feet of Lake Burton frontage
- 270-degree mountain, lake and sunset views
- Landscaped courtyard
- Unparalleled craftsmanship and quality
- Natural local stone
- Reclaimed timber beams
- Heart pine & Pennsylvania Bluestone flooring
- Custom-built fireplaces with handcrafted brick
- Swimming dock
- Custom boat house
- Authentic Cape Cod style stone lighthouse
- Entertainment deck with stone fire pit & outdoor kitchen/grilling area
Don't worry, Nick has a second home on the lake. Now let's look at some photos of the place, which might be good enough for an assistant coach's spring getaway, but not Saban.
The Pointe on Lake Burton [Concierge]