Domestic Abuse Charges Against Greg Hardy Dismissed
Former Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy's domestic abuse trial was supposed to start this morning, but the case was dismissed when Hardy's accuser, Nicole Holder, did not show up to testify.
Hardy was convicted on counts of assault and communicating threats by a district judge last summer, but was assigned a jury trial after appealing that conviction. Prosecutors said that multiple attempts to contact Holder have failed, and so the case was dismissed this morning before the trial even started.
It is also being reported that Hardy reached some sort of civil settlement with Holder, though details of the settlement are not yet known:
Holder did testify at Hardy's initial trial, where she claimed that Hardy slapped her, choked her, and threatened to kill her. "I was so scared, I wanted to die," she said at the time. "When he loosened his grip slightly, I said, 'Just do it. Kill me.'"
Related
The Minnesota Twins Should've Traded Pablo Lopez Last Year
Why the NBA’s Tanking Problem Isn’t What You Think
Three Quarterbacks With the Most to Prove at the NFL Combine
Are the Pittsburgh Pirates Finally Ready to Contend in 2026?
Two Massive Questions That Will Define the NBA’s Second Half
- Best 2026 American League East Season-Long Future Betting Predictions
- Best College Basketball Bets for Monday: Duke vs Syracuse, Houston vs Iowa State
- NBA All-Star Game Betting Preview: Best Picks for World vs. USA and MVP Odds
- NBA All-Star Saturday Picks: Best Bets for the 3-Point Contest and Shooting Stars
- NBA Three-Point Contest 2026 Best Picks and Prediction Markets for All-Star Saturday
- NBA Picks Tonight: Three Best Bets Before the All-Star Break
- Best NBA Betting Picks for Wednesday Feb. 11th Slate

