Thought we were done previewing things? How could you think that, with your NCAA Basketball Tournament office pool a mere five months away? You've got to start studying now if you want to make them all sorry they laughed. So who's with me? Let's Gooo! Please send contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 1. Hair Apparent. We may have a new Adam Morrison at Gonzaga ... just when we need him. Meet freshman guard Matt Bouldin and his hair. Looking forward to a great four years, Matt.
• 2. Maybe It's Taz? Loyola-Marymount senior forward Matthew Knight is from Tasmania, yet by all accounts his nickname is not The Tasmanian Devil. His father did, however, play professional Australian Rules Football.
• 3. His Father's Name? Yukon Cornelius. Santa Clara junior guard Scott Dougherty was born in Portland, and both of his parents attended Gonzaga, which covers 1/3 of the WCC. His career goals include following in father's footsteps and becoming a dentist.
• 4. Fog Days. Before they were the Dons, the University of San Francisco's athletics teams were called The Gray Fog. Notable Fog alumni are Pete Rozelle and Bill Russell.
• 5. The Legend Of Houston McTear. Portland sophomore guard Brian McTear's uncle, Houston McTear, was once known as the world's fastest human, tying the world record in the 100-yard dash (9.0 seconds) as a high school junior. He qualified for two Olympics and made the cover of Sports Illustrated in May 1978. Houston McTear lived homeless on Santa Monica Beach for the better part of the eighties before overcoming drug addiction and a nine-year layoff to win the European Championships at age 34.
Tomorrow: The Ivy League