Navy Football Players To Face Sexual Assault Charges
A Naval Academy superintendent has reviewed a report about the alleged rape of a female midshipman by three football players and determined the case should proceed.
An academy spokesman told NBC News that Vice Adm. Michael H. Miller "'has decided to send this case to Article 32 proceedings,' the military equivalent of a preliminary hearing."
It is not known if all three players—including one whose recent graduation was put on hold pending the Naval Criminal Investigative Services's inquiry— will face charges. The allegation dates to an off-campus party in April 2012. The woman didn't initially cooperate with investigators, but she came forward again earlier this year, when she hired a lawyer who has said the woman has faced ostracism and intimidation.
[ NBC News]
Photo credit: Getty
3 Most Overrated Teams in the AP Top 25 Preseason Poll
WNBA Picks Today: Best Bets for Tuesday, August 18
4 NBA Teams That Have Had a Rough 2026 Offseason
5 Fights the UFC Should Make After UFC 330
- MLB Best Bets: 3 Picks to Target on Sunday’s Full Slate
- MLB Betting Picks Today: Two Best Bets for Saturday, August 15
- UFC 330 Betting Guide: Best Bets for Makhachev vs. Machado Garry
- UFC 330 Picks: Top Plus-Money Underdog Prediction
- UFC 330 Odds Movement: Edson Barboza, Vicente Luque See Major Line Swings
- UFC 330 Betting: Where Is the Sharp Money Landing This Weekend?
- Diamondbacks vs. Braves Prediction: Best Bets for Friday Aug. 14

