Photo: Hannah Foslien (Getty)

The Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office announced today there won’t be any charges filed against Oakland Raiders lineman Donald Penn. There had been an investigation into possible domestic violence between Penn and his wife from April.

Frank T. Mateljan, a spokesman for the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, said the decision was based “on insufficient evidence likely to result in a conviction.” No other details were released.

Advertisement

Los Angeles police were called to Penn’s home on April 29, TMZ first reported. TMZ said that police were told that Penn got “handsy” with his wife, Dominique, “at one point slapping her in the butt.” That lead to an argument that “escalated and Penn allegedly poured a drink on his wife’s head and grabbed his wife by the wrist,” TMZ reported. By the time officers arrived at the home, per TMZ, Penn was gone.

The same day as the TMZ report, Donald and Dominque released a joint statement: “There was a verbal disagreement, there was NO physical altercation. The two are in the middle of a divorce and it is a hard time for both parties.”