At 7:15 p.m., representatives of the beloved Bowl Championship Series will announced this season's in-lieu-of-playoffs bowl pairings. Probably not too many surprises looming, notes Sports Illustrated, unless somebody decided that Auburn/Oregon wouldn't be all that compelling of a game.
Here are their projections:
Jan. 1 Rose: Wisconsin (Big Ten champ) vs. TCU (at-large)
Jan. 1 Fiesta: Oklahoma (Big 12 champ) vs. Connecticut (Big East champ)
Jan. 3 Orange: Virginia Tech (ACC champ) vs. Stanford (BCS at-large)
Jan. 4 Sugar: Arkansas (at-large) vs. Ohio State (at-large)
Jan. 10 BCS Championship: Auburn (BCS No. 1) vs. Oregon (BCS No. 2)
• BCS Championship: Auburn vs. Oregon
• Rose Bowl: TCU vs. Wisconsin
• Unsure of where Stanford and Connecticut will play.
• Virginia Tech to the Orange Bowl.
• Oklahoma to the Fiesta Bowl.