Derby-banned Bob Baffert eyes 2nd Preakness entry
Bob Baffert won't have a horse in the race at the 150th Kentucky Derby, but he is vying to enter two into the Preakness Stakes.
The Hall of Fame trainer is likely to have Imagination alongside Muth in the second leg of the Triple Crown, Imagination's co-owner Jack Wolf told BloodHorse.com on Monday.
Imagination won the San Felipe Stakes last month and took second at the Santa Anita Derby on April 6.
Muth, the Arkansas Derby winner, was previously confirmed to be running the Preakness by his owner, Amr Zedan of Zedan Racing Stables. The Maryland Jockey Club listed Muth as the favorite to win the Baltimore race in the Preakness Future Wager when the pool opened Friday.
Because Baffert is suspended at Churchill Downs through the end of the year, Muth was denied entry into the Kentucky Derby. Zedan sought an emergency injunction with the Kentucky Court of Appeals to allow Muth to race in Louisville, Ky., but it was denied last Wednesday.
Churchill Downs has said Baffert poses a "threat to the safety and integrity of racing" at its tracks after 2021 Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit failed a post-race drug test. Zedan also owned Medina Spirit.
--Field Level Media
- MLB Picks Today: Best Bets for Red Sox vs Royals and Orioles vs Rays
- Spurs vs. Thunder Game 1 Best Betting Picks and Predictions
- Canadiens vs. Sabres Game 6 Betting Picks and Predictions
- UFC Vegas 117 Betting Picks: Best Props and Predictions for Saturday Night
- MLB Picks Today: Twins and Mariners Headline Friday's Bets
- NBA Playoff Best Bets: Cavaliers vs Pistons and Spurs vs Timberwolves Picks
- PGA Championship Picks: Scottie Scheffler, Rory McIlroy and More

