It was the day we've all been waiting for; sitting on the edge of our bed in our Cardinals pajamas (your pajamas may vary). The glorious return of Albert Pujols and Roger Clemens. And even though both got upstaged (by Anthony Reyes and Francisco Liriano, respectively) and their teams lost on Thursday, we just kind of have the feeling that everything's going to be all right now, you know? Clemens threw 100 pitches over five innings and looked strong as the Astros took a 4-2 loss to the Twins, and Pujols was 0-for-4 as the Cards lost to the White Sox 1-0, despite a one-hitter by Reyes. But let's see what the experts have to say:
• Revered Redbird covers Pujols' return, but it's really all about The Reyes.
• The Dugout isn't as enamored of Clemens' return as many others are. But as they point out, it's still spring training for the Tardy Rocket.
• Red Crush muses on which is worse: the blowout loss or the heartbreaker. Somehow, John Smoltz is mentioned.
• It's All In The Cards reminds us that it really was a pretty amazing game.
• More Clemens photos from Friday's game than you can shake a bat at over at The Space Race.
• How could a site named Anthony Reyes Watch not have a post on Friday's game? Come on.
• Live blogging Clemens' return over at 'Stros Bro.