Teixeira May Be Running Out Of Teams
Mark Teixeira's obvious path to becoming a Washington National came closer to reality on Sunday, when the Angels announced that they were withdrawing their offer to keep him around.
From the LA Times:
And starting at first base for your 2009 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ... Kendry Morales? Get used to it, Angels fans. Mark Teixeira is not coming back.
The Angels withdrew their eight-year offer — believed to be for $160 million — to Teixeira on Sunday afternoon, and team spokesman Tim Mead said the Angels will no longer pursue the free-agent first baseman. When pressed on whether this was a negotiating ploy, whether the Angels were playing hardball with agent Scott Boras, Mead, the team's vice president of communications, said, "We're out."
On Friday, the Red Sox had said they were out of the Teixeira market. Boston had offered an eight-year deal for about $170 million. According to the Times, the Nationals offered eight years and $160 million, and the Orioles seven years and about $150 million. And the Yankees? No offers, so far. One thing seems clear: No one's going to find Teixeira in their stocking before Christmas.
Angels Withdraw Offer To Slugger Mark Teixeira [Los Angeles Times]
3 Most Overrated Teams in the AP Top 25 Preseason Poll
WNBA Picks Today: Best Bets for Tuesday, August 18
4 NBA Teams That Have Had a Rough 2026 Offseason
5 Fights the UFC Should Make After UFC 330
- MLB Best Bets: 3 Picks to Target on Sunday’s Full Slate
- MLB Betting Picks Today: Two Best Bets for Saturday, August 15
- UFC 330 Betting Guide: Best Bets for Makhachev vs. Machado Garry
- UFC 330 Picks: Top Plus-Money Underdog Prediction
- UFC 330 Odds Movement: Edson Barboza, Vicente Luque See Major Line Swings
- UFC 330 Betting: Where Is the Sharp Money Landing This Weekend?
- Diamondbacks vs. Braves Prediction: Best Bets for Friday Aug. 14

